Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Personnel Management, Inc., is currently looking to fill a full-time Accounting Department Administrative Assistant position for our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Administrative Assistants must maintain a high level of professionalism, excellent writing and verbal communication skills, and the drive to see tasks through to the end. Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and finish tasks in a timely manner are also highly regarded attributes for this position.
This is an entry level position and the hours of the Accounting Administrative Assistant are flexible, with start times between 8 and 9 a.m. and end times between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative; demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner; using proper phone etiquette.
- Perform administrative functions such as data collection and reporting, organizing, and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Support Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and the Collection department’s goals.
- Process termination packets after move out by compiling all of the required information needed by the accounts receivable bookkeeper.
- Prepare collection files to turn over to third party collection agencies.
- Handle the daily printing of new collection file letters and mailing with the amount due move-out statements.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail with careful sorting of invoices and rent payments for appropriate distribution.
- Greet and screen visitors and route their questions to the appropriate associates within the rental departments.
- Schedule and arrange appointments when requested.
- Attach electronic documents to resident records for multiple properties on a daily basis.
- Manage all paperwork associated with the interviewing process.
- Order and stock kitchen supplies as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and proper stock in all copy rooms and work areas.
- Additional duties as assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm accurately.
- Experience with filing, faxing and using a copy machine.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job, which includes being on your feet for several hours a day, in addition to bending, squatting, and reaching.
- Some experience with Accounting preferred.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in the maintenance and collection of customer accounts.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of our clients.
Compensation: $13 to $14/Hr.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A background check will be performed on final candidates.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.