Fremont, CA 94536
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
Position is reserved for assets with 400+ units and is part of a multi-site management team. The person in this position is responsible for coordinating and supporting vendors and staff on all maintenance aspects, purchase order processing, vendor invoice management and other administrative duties as required. This position reports to the Sr. Maintenance Supervisor and/or Sr. Community Manager. Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Sr. Community Manager and Sr. Maintenance Supervisor, manage vendor relationships as per contracts to ensure quality control and compliance.
- Schedule and dispatch vendors according to work orders, turn and preventative schedule established by Sr. Community Manager, Sr. Maintenance Supervisor, Regional Portfolio Manager, Capital Maintenance Services.
- Coordinate and communicate with Sr. Community Manager and Sr. Maintenance Supervisor daily on status of all work orders and make readies to minimize vacancy loss and meet leasing and marketing demands.
- Execute contract admin duties such as writing purchase orders, reviewing invoices for Sr. CM and Sr. MS approval, etc.
- Provide computer and data input support involving work order closeouts, time tracking, reporting, and other tasks as necessary.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments.
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC.
- May perform pre-move out and move out inspections providing guidance to Sr. Maintenance Supervisor/Sr. Community Manager on charges and turnover tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, some college preferred.
- Two to five years industry experience preferred or related experience.
- Solid customer service experience.
- Knowledge of budgets and financial statements and ability to work within budgeted guidelines.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance.
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English.
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred.