San Diego, CA 92101
ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates and we continue to grow!
Our Payroll Department is hiring a Full-Time Payroll Processor.
The Payroll Processor will provide accurate and timely processing of multi-state, bi-weekly payroll. Payroll Processor will ensure that payroll is prepared in compliance with local, state and federal laws as well as in compliance with ConAm’s policies. Provide timely and friendly support to all associates and outside agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process payroll for 600+ employees for multistate bi-weekly payroll (assigned regions).
- Pull in new hires and audit for accuracy into UltiPro. Audit master changes for accuracy.
- Audit timesheets, exceptions and approvals each Bi-Weekly payroll prior to pulling hours.
- Run audit reports prior to finalizing payroll for accuracy of paychecks.
- Calculate final paychecks for terminating associates in accordance with state law. Ensure that all final paperwork/back up is received.
- Distribute labor distribution reports to the responsible parties in each region.
- Report separation details to ConAm’s unemployment service provider.
- Reconcile manual and voided checks issued against payroll output.
- Download employee rent reports from accounting system to compare to payroll system.
- Post weekly payroll invoices to the GL that automatically debit the payroll bank account.
- Reconcile garnishment G/L account.
- Respond timely to employment verifications via mail, fax, and phone according to ConAm’s policy to outside agencies.
- Create and maintain payroll procedures for each job function specific to job responsibilities.
- Identify garnishment as an authentic document. Verify whether associate is employed with ConAm.
- Input deduction into associate’s record for payroll deduction in compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Provide excellent customer service to regional associates with regards to ConAm’s payroll policies and employment issues.
- Provide friendly and responsive customer’s service to all associates with regards to pay information, hours, direct deposit, tax deductions, and paid time off.
All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers' needs, acting accordingly, and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Job Knowledge: Understands all facets of their job, is aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps knowledge and skills current.
- Job Performance: Achieves desired results and performs all job duties at the expected level, holds self and/or team accountable for results, collaborates effectively and stays aligned with the functional organization and ConAm as a whole, always focuses on continuous improvement.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their "circle of influence," anticipating threats and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1-2 years of Payroll experience
- 1-2 years of Property Management industry experience is preferred
- FPC certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind which include medical, dental, life, vision, paid sick and vacation, identity theft protection, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the “APPLY” button above. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an on-line application.