Athens, GA 30605
Pierce Education Properties, a dynamic premier Student Housing Management Company, is an established leader in the national management of luxurious student housing apartment communities corporately based in San Diego, California. We are seeking talented, motivated, and growth-minded individuals dedicated to represent our team at The Reserve at Athens.
The Reserve at Athens is seeking an Executive Director for student housing located in Athens, GA.
Responsible for the overall management and maintenance of a student housing community, including, but not limited to personnel management, strategic planning, financial management, risk management and outstanding customer service and resident retention programs. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the leasing, operations, marketing, maintenance, and financial performance of the asset. Candidate must have an in-depth understanding of operating a property in accordance with company polities and procedures to achieve financial and operational goals, and must demonstrate strong multitasking, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Personnel Management
- Manage quality on-site staff through implementation of effective recruitment, training, coaching and development programs.
- Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed.
- Participate in Company training classes and meetings as required.
- Conduct effective weekly team meetings.
- Perform and document employee evaluations including, but not limited to, performance reviews and corrective action reviews, and termination paperwork.
- Prepare and ensure staffing schedules are consistent with community needs.
- Provide training and motivation to all staff and ensure group training sessions are conducted as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of all salary, bonus, and compensation paperwork, in addition to adherence to company standards for payroll and overtime calculations.
- Effectively understand and operate the Company's various software programs and ensure staff is properly trained in the respective programs for their positions.
- Adhere to Company's policies and procedures.
- Direct a successful Turn process.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs; identify trends and recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments.
- Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts. Accurately prepare and convey all operational and financial data to the Regional Manager in a timely manner.
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/resident statutes are followed .
- Analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements. Write clear and concise variance reports to substantiate the analysis.
- Direct efforts to ensure all purchasing guidelines are followed, including timely entry of invoices.
Strategic Leasing Management
- Direct leasing team to achieve the highest standards regarding shopping report scores
- Implement and monitor effective lease renewal programs.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge.
- Effectively show, lease, and move in prospective residents.
- Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which effectively maximize rental income and budgeted occupancy.
- Establish and implement renewal and leasing goals.
- Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies and ensure websites and printed material are accurate and updated.
Administration & Risk Management
- Accurately complete required reports as outlined in the Company's policies and procedures, as well as, additional reports requested by owner and/or supervisor(s).
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are, at all times, fully functional and maintained in an attractive condition.
- Responsible for approving projects through outside vendors.
- Perform apartment inspections monthly. as well as. prior to move in and at move out.
- Manage property risk effectively by communicating incidents and potential liabilities.
- Maintain accurate resident and vendor files and ensure that employee files are accurate and complete before sending to corporate.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and cleaning of office, clubhouse, and buildings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Qualification Requirements
- A minimum of three to five years multi-family property management experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to perform basic data manipulation and intermediate mathematical functions in order to make data-driven business decisions
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as strong leadership skills.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions
- Entrata experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word; Property management software.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Exposure to adverse and varying weather conditions which may include extreme hot/cold temperatures, rain, wind, and/or snow, depending on geographical location. Fast-paced environment requiring irregular and long hours. Exposure to odors/fumes, noise, and vibration. Must be in physical condition to sit for extended periods, bend, reach, climb stairs, and grasp. Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 15lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
Position requires ability to work any of the seven days of the week and overtime hours when requested. Travel may be required as necessary to attend training and other Company functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pierce Education Properties is looking for talented, driven, and ambitious individuals inspired to continually challenge and grow themselves as well as their colleagues and customers.
We value Customer Service; a strong dedication to the customer experience, attention and sensitivity when presented with difficult or emotional situations, and promptness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
We prize Interpersonal Skills; the ability to resolve problems/conflicts with ease and secure a positive, mutually beneficial outcome by listening attentively and maintaining a collected and professional persona.
We find Communication imperative to a successful team; clear, persuasive communication in any circumstance, clarity and promptness in oral and written response, and especially a dedication to proactive transmission of needs and important updates to colleagues and customers.