Culver City, CA 90230
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, for-sale and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
We are currently seeking a Care Coordinator at our Studio Royale Senior Living Facility in Culver City, CA.
LVN Required for this role.
- Provide supervision of medications for residents. Also supervise the duties of all other medication aides.
- Check to make sure all record keeping and documentation is being done in a timely and neat manner.
- Set-up medical appointments for residents and arrange transportation to and from.
- Answer telephones and the intercom and take messages as needed.
- Oversee the Receiving, logging, and storing all medications.
- Contact resident’s families and doctors in reference to resident status.
- Pass medications in dining room and residents’ rooms at the prescribed times.
- Record keeping of medication changes and destroying of expired and/or unused meds.
- Re-ordering of medications.
- General assessment of residents including appetite assessment, mental and physical well-being, and to inform the Administrator of any changes in resident health or behavior.
- Setting up of medications per Physician’s orders. Maintaining current listing of medications on the “Med Sheets” and directions on the container labels.
- Keep track of all narcotics.
- Set up new Med Sheets for each resident at the beginning of each medication cycle.
- Maintain current record for each resident on a medication record sheet.
- Account for residents that are not in the facility (i.e. out for the day, in the hospital, etc.)
- Complete any additional tasks assigned by the administrator.
When performing the above Duties & Responsibilities, universal precautions must be followed. Gloves are to be worn when responding to a first aid incident as well as routine job duties when bodily fluids are present. Soiled linens and laundry shall be placed in a plastic bag until laundered. Hands are to be washed and disinfected often and as needed.
- LVN and nursing experience required.
- First aid, high school graduate, and some experience working with the elderly. Must have knowledge of medications and emergency procedures, good communications skills both written and verbal and in ENGLISH.
- Also, must have a neat appearance, be kind, patient, and calm, with good organizational skill.
- Must have a positive attitude, be able to deal with emergencies, stress, personal discomforts or illness and/or death. Minimum Age requirement of 18 years old.
- Must have FBI/DOJ Criminal Record Clearances, Current First Aid and Health Screening/TB Test Results.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position. All employees are expected to work their scheduled hours.