Healdsburg, CA 95448
The small apartment complex in beautiful wine country Sonoma County is seeking an experienced Resident Manager to maintain property rentals and tenant relationships at our new complex. Applicants must have relevant work experience and meet job requirements in order to be considered. Please review position details below and directions to apply today!
Job Title: Resident Manager
General Job Responsibilities: Maintains property rentals, collect rent, daily accounting and relationship management with tenants and prospective renters, communicate daily with manager, required use of Microsoft Office and Yardi. MUST be proficient with computer based programs, email, and general phone apps.
To Apply: Reply directly to this post with resume, references, and other relevant information.
Compensation: Resident Manager responsibilities are comprised of leasing and administrative office duties (office duties) and house duties. Compensation package comprised of rent and utility free one-bedroom unit, paid cell phone, and $18.00/hour, to be paid bi-weekly. Value of complimentary apartment and utilities is $2083/month (approximately $25,000 annually) upon start of site certification and is reevaluated annually. Annual compensation packaged, comprised of salary plus complimentary benefits is approximately $64,000-$66,000.
Required Experience: Minimum of 5 years apartment rental and leasing experience; working knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and applicable tenant law, including Affordable Housing requirements; highly recommended minimum of 3 years affordable housing rental.
Leasing & Administrative Office Duties: The requirement to complete Office Duties will vary depending upon the property’s number of vacant units, and there is no guarantee of Office Duty hours. When all rental units are filled, there will be minimal expectation of Office Duties.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units; conducting interviews; collecting tenant leasing documents and enforcing policies and procedures set forth by ownership.
- Maintains property records of prospective tenant applications and status within Yardi, Excel workbook, and other Microsoft office programs; shares progress reports weekly to apartment ownership via email; prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contracts with tenants by securing leases; collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Works with accounting to accomplish financial goals and responsibilities.
- Maintains building systems by communicating maintenance needs with maintenance employees.
- Secures property by establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies; communicating challenges with maintenance employees.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs annual recertification of tenants as required by city of Healdsburg contractual agreements.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly inspection of units, walk through vacant units assessing damage and regular wear/tear, and report findings to Director
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains shared-use premises; ensures that all public areas (indoor and outdoor) are clean, organized, and free of debris. Shared-use spaces are defined as fitness center, community room, hallways, stairwells, laundry, exterior patio, courtyard, and gym.
- Walks and inspects property twice per day; AM and PM to assure residents of management presence and monitor appearance/tidy as necessary. Exterior grounds and parking lot should always be maintained free-of-debris
- Instructs new tenants of emergency procedures, appliance use, and property rules.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; ensures completion of repairs by reporting maintenance issue to maintenance and follows up with Resident to ensure maintenance was completed to satisfaction.
- Remains available for emergency contact by tenants and addresses; brings safety and security concerns to the immediate attention of Director and maintenance
Work Expectation, “Rules”:
- Maintain consistent office hours as defined by Director and property need.
- Deviation from posted office hours due to personal obligations must be submitted via email to Director and General Manager.
- All posted signage must be professional and typed; the complex logo should be present on all typed signage, and resolution of how to contact manager if office is closed during expected office hours must be present.
- Maintain cleanliness of office and restrooms at all times. Restrooms must always remain presentable and clean for prospective tenants and those visiting the office.
- Office must remain presentable; desk, cabinet, and wet-bar surfaces should always be organized and free of debris.
- To achieve financial objectives, complex policy prohibits the presence of children in the workplace for other than official complex activities involving children. Employees with dependent children are expected to make regular arrangements for proper care of their children while at work.
- All outside inquiries (from non-renters or prospective tenants) should be directed to contact Director; please provide email address so he may be contacted as appropriate. Providing information regarding tenants or ownership is strictly prohibited unless approved with prior written notice. Tenant information must always remain confidential, and no tenant information should ever be shared with a third party.
- All questions, concerns, or follow up from the City of Healdsburg should be directed to Director.
- Scope of Resident Manager does not include setting rental rates, providing discounts, or negotiating tenant lease agreements that deviate from standard.
- Privacy of tenants is of the utmost importance and should be the most urgent priority at all times. Personal information of tenants should never be shared via email, and tenant files must remain locked at all times.
- All forms of payment (money order, check, etc) should be deposited day of receipt; exceptions should be communicated to CFO with explanation.
Resident Manager Skills and Qualifications: Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Professionalism, Internal Communications, Listening, Communication Processes, Working Knowledge of Tenant and Fair Housing Law