Commercial Portfolio Manager
San Mateo, CA 94401
Commercial Portfolio Leasing Manager Needed
Essex currently maintains a West Coast portfolio of approximately 1M sf of commercial space spanning from Seattle down to San Diego. It is comprised primarily of ground floor, mixed-use retail and a multi-tenant office building. The Commercial Portfolio Leasing Manager will be responsible for all leasing activities from prospecting for new clients through store opening. Analyzes and qualifies Tenant’s financial strength, operational use and experience to determine Tenant’s ability to fulfill all lease obligations. Evaluates and identifies property’s leasing opportunities to maximize revenue and asset value. This position will report directly to the Director of Commercial Real Estate and will be based in the San Mateo office.
• Assures assigned properties are well leased and occupied with permanent leases in place.
• Stays abreast of new concepts for retail centers and prospects to bring them into company portfolio.
• Prepares/proposes merchandising plans.
• Assists in setting property’s annual operating budget.
• Identifies appropriate Tenants for project, analyzes sales and occupancy by use to prepare Letters of Intent at or above market rents.
• Networks internally with leasing team as well as external leasing representatives for comp surveys.
• Negotiates all business terms of Letter of Intent staying within company’s and property’s routine guidelines and concessions.
• Maintains Tenant contact database.
• Produces professional and relevant leasing reports as required.
• Travel as necessary to attend conventions, meetings and conduct site tours.
• Professionally prepares and presents deals on designated forms.
• Manages each deal through lease execution to store opening. Responsible for driving communication amongst various departments to meet approved timelines.
• Maintains knowledge of trade area and sales trends for assigned projects.
• Anticipates upcoming leasing opportunities so as to avoid vacancies.
• Provides relevant information to supervisors and co-workers to maximize company’s leasing objectives.
• Maximizes occupancy and income for assigned property.
• Complete and full understanding of company’s leasing objectives so that little to no direction is required.
• Stays abreast of industry trends and matches property’s long term vision, making adjustments where needed.
• Has an intuitive strength for anticipating tenants’ viability and likelihood of deal consummation.
• Oversee and manage commercial tenant improvements. Perform pre/post vacancy tenant inspections.
• Pursue lease terminations, evictions and settlements as needed
• Evaluate and analyze alternative uses for retail space in order to maximize potential asset value
• 5+ years of experience in retail leasing.
• Knowledge of business, contracts, center operations and commercial construction.
• Professional demeanor with excellent presentation and communication skills (Oral and written).
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar field required
• Network of contacts with national, regional and local tenants, brokers and landlords.
• Ability to travel regularly to assigned properties (Commercial Portfolio is West Coast only with concentrations in Seattle, Northern California Bay Area, and Los Angeles)