San Diego, CA 92101
Builds and leads local and offshore technology teams to ensure alignment and support of ConAm’s business objectives. Maintains and upgrades existing environment to ensure a secure, dependable technology infrastructure. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft technology stack, VMware, AWS migrations and incident response program development.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. System Management
- Ownership for managing technology infrastructure including servers, databases, network, and operations while in compliance with CCPA, SOC and SOX policy and regulations
- Manages all infrastructure and telecommunication vendors, achieving a reliable and cost-effective operation
- Ensures all critical systems operate efficiently, safely and in accordance with Service Level Agreement (SLA) and industry best practices
- Owns Disaster Recovery process, planning and annual testing
- Ensures recoverability of system and validates backups and capability quarterly
2. Program Management
- Annual review of IT policies to ensure accuracy, validity and inclusion of annual initiatives
- Manages production change control board and ensures full compliance with ConAm’s information security policy
- Respects privileged system/data access and audits regularly
- Fosters a positive and productive work environment by creating a high performing team
- Designs and executes technology standards for hardware and software resulting in a dependable IT infrastructure
3. All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers’ needs, acting accordingly and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their “circle of influence,” anticipating threats, and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive IT Infrastructure leadership experience
- CCPA (or similar) implementation and compliance
- Proven experience with the planning, development, evaluation, coordination and management of the Information Technology Infrastructure for a large organization
- Recent experience managing WAN, VPN, LAN
- Security awareness including incident response best practices and zero trust philosophy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences/Engineering or associated discipline or the equivalent work experience
- Microsoft certification(s)
- CISSP Security Certification (or work towards certification)
- Juniper systems experience
- SharePoint management
- AWS certification
Work is performed in an office environment
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, standing and walking, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves sitting, and reaching with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderately loud noise levels.