Regional Property Supervisor
Ventura, CA 93003
Regional Property Supervisor
FSLA Status: Exempt, Full-time
Supervisor: Director of Property Management Department: Property Management
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) is a community development corporation serving Ventura, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles Counties. CEDC’s core program areas are: the development and construction of multi-family rental housing for very-low, low, and moderate income families; property management; and resident and community services.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,121 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $5,800,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Major Job Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Property Management, the Regional Property Supervisor will assist in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management. Responsible for the recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Resident Managers and Maintenance staff in the designated portfolio. Have a significant focus on ensuring that the physical asset and performance of CEDC properties are managed to the expectations of our investors. The major duties and responsibilities for this position include:
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
Personnel & Administration:
- Supervision of the staff in the designated property portfolio.
- Assists in the update, revision and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations. Ensures implementation is appropriate and timely.
- Ensure that time sheets and mileage reimbursement requests are completed and submitted as expected.
- Ensure human resource policies, procedures and guidance are in accordance with CEDC expectations. Assist with employment decisions.
- Participate in candidate interview panels for vacant Resident Manager Positions, or other CEDC openings.
- Assist Resident Managers with questions and issues related to operations, safety and other issues.
- Assists in the development and ensures implementation of property management training programs. Ensures that all new hires are trained properly and consistently.
- Assist the Director in other assigned projects and tasks.
- Ensure resident screening guidelines and other compliance mandates are followed correctly by all Resident Managers for potential residents. Oversee implementation and enforcement of Fair Housing laws.
- Ensure vacancy turnaround of 10 days or better.
- Ensure that staff maintains an updated and healthy waiting list to process at a minimum 3 hopper approved files to meet required unit turnaround.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property operations; reviews occupancy status; identifies 3rd-party assistance to gain objectivity.
- Resolves property management related issues. Communicates activities and outcomes to the Director of Property Management to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations are transparent and closed.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and investor areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Enforces tenant recertification schedule to ensure timely completion per AR calendar.
- Meet regularly with the Compliance Specialist to address issues & concerns related to audits and compliance.
- Ensure that all collections are done timely, 3-Day Notices are done timely, and that Leases and Changes of Lease Terms are completed properly in collaboration with Compliance Specialist and legal counsel.
- Ensure that all resident managers follow proper procedures with regard to security deposits dispositions.
- Review property vacancy reports, aged receivables, resident delinquency, and other financial reports to ensure financial profitability of portfolio.
- Participate in the CNA process. Analyze properties and collaborate with Accounting and Construction/Maintenance for use of capital expenses that could be associated with replacement reserves.
- Provide support to Resident Managers regarding utility billing and HAP payments.
- Prepare Annual Budget for each designated property.
- Implement approved rent increases.
- Review financial reports, prepare monthly variance reports and discuss expenses with resident managers.
- Assess and determine appropriate rent concessions requests.
- Review financial reports and discuss expenses with resident managers.
- Visit each property at a minimum twice per month.
- Attend resident meetings at each property.
- Timely address resident related issues.
- Oversee incident reporting & resolutions with all parties involved.
- Ensure grounds are monitored daily to ensure safety and superior curb appeal.
- Prepare physical condition reports for all the properties on a monthly basis with an action plan to address corrections.
- Submit Property Status Reports to the Director of Property Management. Ensure that all properties follow/conduct the bi-annual unit inspections and that any corrections are addressed.
- Assist with the lease renewal process. Analyze resident turnover.
- Support effective resident retention programs with Resident and Community Services, RCS.
- Walk-through vacant units for assessment of conflicting reported information.
- Meet with the Director of Property Management on a regular basis. Date and time to be determined.
- Must have minimum 2-3 years property management experience at a supervisory level.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in nonprofit housing management.
- Experience with Yardi Property and Asset Management software.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience facilitating and capturing engagement in group settings; public speaking.
- Strong sense of professionalism.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet pressing and competing deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to instill teamwork among staff.
- Sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income persons.
- Experience working in the field(s) of community development, housing, and/or economic development.
· Address staff related issues.
· Prepare Resident Manager Performance evaluations and performance improvements plans as necessary.
· Coordinates and conducts monthly meetings for all property management staff.