Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
We are one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Based in our new Arlington VA headquarters, the Design Manager is responsible for managing interior design related projects within AvalonBay including development and redevelopment projects. This role focuses on inhouse designed projects and acts as a design thought leader among internal and external teams, providing vision and creativity as well as ensuring design consistency. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a project manager for inhouse designed projects, manage schedule & budget, construction process
- Manage inhouse CD template, create documentation and perform construction administration for inhouse designed projects
- Collaborate with regional, corporate teams & external consultants
- Manage and update design standards
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Archtiecture or Interior Design plus 8 - 10 years of expeirence in architecture, interior design, or related field.
- Must have a strong design knowledge with experience in construction documentation and construction administration
- Occasional travel required within the US
- Proficient in Adobe, AutoCad, Revit
- 3D rendering ability preferred
- LEED Accreditation preferred
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.