Santa Maria, CA 93458
COMMUNITY MANAGER, Villa del Sol Apartments - Santa Maria, CA
The Towbes Group has built a solid reputation with over 60 years of providing the best in apartment living, from beautiful garden-style apartments with lush surroundings to multi-story modern units with state of the art amenities. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different – demanding, rewarding, and above all fun!
Our company fosters a professional attitude and strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. Our team members are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you're someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you'll fit right in.
This leadership opportunity encompasses all operational responsibilities with a vibrant team at we our newest community, Villa del Sol Apartments in Santa Maria, CA. This age 55+ gated community proudly offers 197 beautifully appointed, studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments; is pet-friendly and includes beautiful indoor and outdoor living spaces along the incomparable central coast of California.
- Understanding and complying with state landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all laws governing multi-family housing operations
- Utilize marketing programs incorporating direct mail, social media, advertising, competitive analysis, and other viable avenues of reaching potential residents
- Lead all on-site leasing and marketing efforts
- Implement strategic plans that result in meeting or exceeding leasing goals
- Understand the local rental market conditions and be very familiar with the competition, analyze market and sub-market trends
- Generate leads through relationship building, outreach marketing, hosting events, and utilizing social media, print and online marketing channels
- Manage all social media platforms and postings
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the community
- Daily prospect communication and follow up activities
- Track, review and analyze traffic and leasing reports
- Resident relations and retention
- Client and vendor relations
- Maintenance and capital projects
- Budgets and financial accountability
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Recruitment, selection and team development
- Financial responsibilities include budget preparation and review of monthly expenses
- Hire, train, supervise and motivate all team members to achieve the operational goals
- Host weekly team meetings to discuss leasing goals and other operational topics
- Safety responsibilities including promoting a “safety first” workplace, reporting all liability and property incidents to the appropriate office immediately, ensuring that all workers’ compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed
- Strong marketing and leasing skills
- Experience developing and promoting the lifestyle of the new community
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Outstanding resident relations skills, strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build teamwork and cooperation among the leasing and service team members
- Attentive to detail and ensures full adherence to Company standards and policies
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet
- Bachelor degree in marketing or business management preferred
- Establish weekly/daily office staff schedules and monitor progress of work assignments
- Routinely review unit turns to ensure staff compliance and consistency with company policies and procedures, industry regulations, safety practices, etc. Extensive Yardi knowledge
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Industry applicable certifications (i.e. CPM) Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; combined with a minimum 5 years of multi-family property management experience may satisfy the education requirement.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, residents, vendors, prospects, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - These physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Some lifting; typically 25 lbs. or less
- Ability to walk up to two flights of stairs to access units
- Ability to walk several acres to tour the community
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods
We offer a competitive salary, a rewarding work environment, health care benefits, 401(k) plan with company match, paid holiday, and vacation/sick time programs. This position requires living on-site and includes a two bedroom apartment as part of the compensation package. A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test will also be required. EOE