Digital Marketing Director
San Diego, CA 92110
A national property management firm is seeking a Digital Marketing Director to join their team. Our portfolio consists of apartment assets across the country. This position reports directly to the COO and is responsible for generating inbound traffic through the execution and optimization of digital marketing efforts, including website updates, email marketing, content marketing and paid and organic search programs. The successful candidate has solid quantitative skills and a thorough understanding of the revenue funnel & KPI's. This is an exciting opportunity to work cross-functionally with internal teams at all levels of the organization. Apartment experience is desirable. Yardi knowledge a plus.
In this position, you will be responsible for all things digital. From developing digital marketing strategies for a host of diverse clients, to implementing (or managing partners) SEO, PPC, Retargeting, Social Media, GMB and all things in between, to analyzing the results through Google Analytics; this position is ideal for a well-rounded digital specialist looking to up their game.
This is a full-time opportunity based in our corporate headquarters.
- Growing new leads, including marketing- and sales-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers)
- Creating lead nurturing email campaigns and workflows that move leads through the revenue funnel
- Coordinating and tracking SEO and PPC campaigns
- Developing content strategies and campaigns based on keyword research
- Analyzing marketing and sales data to develop insights and making recommendations on areas for optimization to meet revenue targets
- Being a team player who is driven, easy-to-work-with, accountable and enthusiastic
- MUST be proficient with Google Analytics
- In this role, it is important that you are highly organized and have the ability to look at data to gain insights that can be turned into actionable projects and optimization plans.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a master’s degree is a plus
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience
- 5+ years of experience with tools like Google Analytics and other analytical applications.
- Experience in Competitive Analysis, Customer Insight and Integrated Marketing.
- Certifications preferred (or in progress) should include Google AdWords, Google Analytics, or other industry-relevant certifications
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational and time management skills, and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
- Campaign development and management, including maintaining and meeting client budgets
- Working with internal teams including content, creative, analytics, ad operations to build the highest impact solutions
- Liaison with analytics team to develop and analyze weekly/monthly tracking
- Presenting monthly reports and making performance recommendations to manager
- Working with internal groups to ensure all tactical elements related to client and campaigns are executed properly
Attributes for Success
- Very comfortable in excel and working with spreadsheets and numbers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and pivot quickly based on tasks and organization needs
- Confident demeanor and ability to persuade and have a strong point of view
- Ability to think critically and be able to fill in gaps when not all the information is clearly defined
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of analytics and data interpretation to help guide clients on plan optimization
- Very comfortable with web analytics, specifically Google Analytics, will be a great benefit
- Self-starter who isn’t afraid to ask hard questions
- Be curious and willing to take things apart in order to analyze how they work and how they can be made better.
- Love working with great people and a fun team
Strategy Development: - Can create an overall digital strategy o using SEO, social media and GMB as focus is mandatory o understanding of PPC a real plus
SEO: - Identify keywords to target - Optimize the content for search - Report on the results - Understand content development - Make adjustments to the findings to improve results
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, NextDoor, Apartments and Zillow and YouTube
Understands how to find & create content
Optimize the content for search
Report on the results
Make adjustments to the findings to improve results
Google My Business (GMB):
- Have strong working knowledge & implementation of GMB
Retargeting - Strong understanding and implementation skills to assist PPC team
- Must have ability to develop detailed Google reports - Must be able to decipher these reports and make improvements on campaigns - Must be comfortable presenting results