Assistant Executive Director
Ames, IA 50010
Title: Assistant Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Assist the Executive Director in all areas of rent collection, leasing and marketing, and must be highly skilled in executing effective resident retention plans, including positive customer relations and timely resolution of resident problems. The Assistant Executive Director must have an in-depth understanding of operating a property in accordance with company policies and procedures to achieve budgeted revenue and occupancy goals. If needed, the Assistant Executive Director will be assisting the Executive Director with accurately completing and submitting daily, weekly and month- end closing reports, as well as assisting in ensuring that the grounds, buildings and units are fully functional, safe and attractive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Report traffic and sales volumes weekly to the Executive Director.
• Rental payment processing
• Debt collection
• Statements of deposit accounting
• Act as primary sales representative for the property.
• Execute the marketing plan to achieve full market occupancy or 100% occupancy.
• Supervise all leasing representatives and student workers involved in leasing.
• Maintain all leasing statistics of the property with the use of Entrata..
• Maintain the ambience and cleanliness of the model apartment.
• Monitor the publication of all advertising media purchases by reading the campus publications daily and ensuring all advertising is running according to the ad schedules in the market
• Assist with managing resident issues
• Supervise sales floor and develop sales team
• Provide excellent customer service to prospective tenants
• Assist with leasing to prospects, including phone inquiries, tours, signing and follow up
• Monitor and review Yardi/Entrata application and lease inputs to ensure the process is being managed accurately and successfully
• Monitor and review guest cards, prospect lists and follow ups to ensure the process is being managed accurately and successfully
• Maintain all Web site content through user changes and submission of work orders for completion as needed to ensure site is kept current and up to date.
• Assist with communication initiatives, including letters and e-mailers to residents and parents
• Assist with all social media initiatives, including online advertising, Facebook page, Web site and other
• Hold weekly meeting with executive director and biweekly (Sept-Jan) and weekly (Feb-Aug) corporate marketing meetings.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to provide sales training to community assistants.
Support the ED with community assistant initiatives
• Assist with all resident communication, including resident newsletters, programming calendars, mail merges
• Assist with managing move ins and move outs
• Weekly Delinquency report
• PEP Weekly report
• Assist corporate SVP of marketing with media purchases. Coordinate graphic design and artwork deadlines. All advertising purchases and ad designs to be approved by corporate
• Coordinate the “shop” of competitive properties. Report findings to corporate
• Build relationships with vendors for cross-promotional purposes
• Assist with creating event plan and budget for all external leasing events. Act as lead coordinator for all events. These include housing fairs, international fairs and other off-property trade shows, as well as external leasing events held on site at the properties. Attend and manage all major events
• Assist with coordinating all advertising and communication for external promotions, including e- mailers to prospects and transfer students
• Assist with developing and advertising creative and effective promotions to increase occupancy
• Manage the audit of all lease files on site compared to leasing systems to ensure they are in sync
• Identify media and promotional opportunities in designated market
• Monitor models and update/improve as needed
• Develop resident events and calendars
• Property operations report
Each Semester (Fall, Spring, Summer)
• Lead effort to compile accurate database of resident and parent contact information, including names, street and e-mail addresses, and phone numbers (including cell phone) for communication purposes. Databases should be complete by early September, January and May.
• Assist in coordinating Welcome Week program and Parent Orientation meetings
• Assist with Turn and move ins/move outs
• Identify move in gifts and coordinate distribution
• Execute the marketing plan throughout the year with assistance from corporate and executive director
• Work with executive director to ensure expenditures are within budget
• Assist executive director to develop, manage and execute resident renewal campaigns with the assistance of on-site staff
• Assist executive director to develop, manage and execute summer lease campaigns with the assistance of on-site staff
• Identify calendars with volunteerism opportunities and charitable campaigns. Coordinate opportunities and communicate to residents and employees
• Assist executive director to coordinate compliance with all marketing contract commitments, including OU Sports and CAC sponsorships
• Work with the executive director to develop a sales and marketing training plan and schedule.
Help coordinate sales training for all staff, including leasing professionals and community assistants, in sales best practices and leasing process
• Work with corporate to coordinate all online resident satisfaction surveys, including schedule, providing e-mail addresses to J Turner Research in February and September
• Coordinate all focus group meetings, including participants, questions, dinner, and facilitation in
March and October. Provide written reports to corporate, including recommendations for improvement. Coordinate communication of improvements to residents via e-newsletters
• Remain current with admission standards, admission timing, and academic calendar for freshman, returning residents, transfer students, and both graduate and professional schools.
• Monitor annual enrollment at university, including incoming freshman, international and graduate students
• Lead placement of new residents
• Assist SVP in corporate property initiatives relative to marketing, leasing, property due-diligence and special projects as needed including traveling within the portfolio.
• Assist Executive Director in developing and rolling out annual advertising campaigns
• Assist with the social media program, and roll out the social media program if new to market
• Work with advertising, public relations, promotional product, and graphic design consultants as needed
• Works closely with the Executive Director/SVP in developing and implementing effective sales and marketing plans and strategies as well as management of the property, including leasing, completing business transaction reports and other administrative functions, and assisting in all aspects of operations of the property.
• Resident placements, transfers, move ins, and move outs
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employme