Peoria, IL 61614
Are you a self-motivated and organized leader who enjoys helping people? Do you have a positive and energetic attitude? Timberbrook Apartments is currently looking for a Property Manager; a person who excels at training and leading an exceptional staff, while keeping an apartment community in top-notch shape and full of happy residents! If you have the experience and skills required for this position, apply today!!!
Edward Rose and Sons is a successful, continuously growing property management and development company. The Property Manager is responsible for the overall management of an apartment community, to strengthen and uphold the value and integrity of the company. The right candidate will have previous property management experience, with the ability to lead and motivate all team members to ensure the community is properly maintained and occupied within company standards.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws are followed, to secure adherence to Fair Housing regulations, and ensure a safe and comfortable living environment for all residents, staff, and visitors.
- Completing, reviewing, and submitting all required reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintaining appropriate personnel levels to efficiently and cost-effectively operate the community.
- Interviewing all new hires, following up with them, and processing appropriate paperwork.
- Implementing marketing initiatives to achieve occupancy goals.
- Processing and evaluating applications for all prospective residents.
- Investigating and resolving resident issues; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant apartments and documenting needed repairs.
- Additional duties as required by the Regional Property Manager.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Requires a positive attitude; must be energetic, friendly, sales-oriented, and able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must possess capable organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to interview, hire and train new employees, following EEO laws.
- Requires knowledge of relevant laws and regulations; ensuring compliance.
- Ability to implement and enforce company policies and operating procedures.
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to research, analyze and make recommendations on any obstacles that occur.
- Ability to professionally resolve issues with residents, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to comprehend and complete various community reports on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform move-in, move-out and final inspections of apartments, which includes climbing stairs; walking, kneeling, and standing.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer software programs. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with Yardi or other similar property management software experience.
- Must adhere to company team-apparel policy.
- The ideal candidate will have previous property management experience!
This position requires you to enter occupied units; therefore employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.