Manager, Consumer Insights
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Manager, Consumer Insight supports the SVP Brand Strategy in helping to develop and execute strategies to advance AvalonBay’s national leadership role and position its market-facing brands for the future. This includes:
- Conducts consumer research to identify customer needs (design surveys, manage research vendors in the collection and analysis of data).
- Conducts competitive analysis.
- Reviews and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data (Excel proficiency, experience with SPSS, R or other similar statistical software).
- Translates customer and competitor research into insights that shape innovative and differentiated products, services/amenities and programs to attract and retain target customer segments.
- Partners with Market Research Group to identify best product offerings to meet needs of customers in qualified markets/submarkets.
- Tracks brand performance metrics.
- Consults with internal clients regarding understanding consumer needs to support decision-making.
Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field required. Master’s or MBA preferred. At least 5 years of market research/consumer insight experience also required. The ideal candidate will also:
- Possess a working knowledge of statistical software (SPSS, SAS, R)
- Demonstrate critical thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effectively communicate, including creating and delivering group presentations on functional-related subject matter, with associates at all levels within our organization
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.