Portfolio Maintenance Director
New York, NY 10001
Job Type: Exempt
State::NY City:New York
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team. So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you!
You will be responsible for the maintenance management/operations of a portfolio of assigned communities in the Los Angeles region, including direct oversight of the on-site maintenance managers, computer systems utilization, selection and oversight of third-party vendors, and quality control. The selected candidate will manage maintenance operations such as staff recruitment/retention, training, financial budget planning and performance, customer service, and third-party suppliers in order to maximize revenue, control expenses, and improve customer satisfaction.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s degree (Engineering degree a plus) or 5 years of progressive maintenance management responsibility in property management, building services, hospitality or a similar environment. Applicants should have 5-7 years of management experience overseeing multiple direct reports in the maintenance/engineering function, with the ability to effectively manage a portfolio of communities as evidenced by a work history of addressing issues such as third-party vendor oversight, systems utilization, maintenance operations, personnel management, team building, customer services, budget management and negotiations.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.