Culver City, CA 90230
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the
Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, for-sale and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
The Compliance Auditor contributes to the shaping of communities by supporting and monitoring communities to ensure applicable program compliance standards and recertification's are met. The Compliance Auditor interacts directly with the field and Property Management to ensure all HUD and low-income requirements (Bond, HOME, etc.) are followed; serves as a subject matter expert on all occupancy and compliance requirements. Helps troubleshoot occupancy and certification problems as requested. Prepare periodic reports and correspondence to respective government agencies (Urban Futures, LA LOMOD, CAHI, etc.); update and maintain AFHMP. Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to field or corporate staff as requested.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Conduct file audits (tenant files , EIV, ELI targeting, waitlist)
- Conduct Doc Management audit (EIV, Move In, Applications)
- Pre-audit electronic files prior to file testing
- Prepare and submit written reports of findings
- Work with the Regional Manager and onsite team on how resolve findings
- Train Regional Manager and onsite team on compliance and company policies/procedures
- Monitor recertification process and support site team, as needed
- Prepare and Submit MOR responses
- Monitor and assist onsite team with Special Claims
- Monitor and prepare reports to regulatory and/or city agencies (HCIDLA & UFI)
- Review and approve move in and recertification for low income portfolio
- Train Regional Manager and onsite team on low income requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annually reports
- Oversees various certifications utilizing RealPage software, HUD’s EIV system, and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Works patiently, professionally, and cooperatively with staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of resident and company information at all times.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource on occupancy and related compliance requirements/regulations.
- Must be able to travel and have reliable transportation
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge in 4350.3 Handbook, HCIDLA and UFI is required.
- Proficient in Onesite property management software.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical Thinking Skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently; proactive and self-sufficient.
- Ability to stay calm and react well under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with various departments, team player.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in affordable housing, with substantial experience in a compliance and/or occupancy specialist position.
- High school diploma required – Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- CPO and/or COS required