Sr. Analyst, Executive Compensation
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Compensation, the Senior Analyst Executive Compensation assists with the design, implementation, administration and maintenance of executive and equity compensation programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the annual year-end performance management for executives including merit, bonus, and long-term incentives recommendations
- Assists with the communication materials and supporting analysis for presentations to the Compensation Committee and senior executives
- Assists with the development, implementation, and administration of executive and equity compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentive (LTI) programs. Develops and maintains Peoplesoft HR database, executive job structures, tally sheets, analyses, and reporting tools in support of these programs
- Assists with the preparation of compensation discussion & analysis (CD&A) and the various compensation tables in the annual proxy statement
- Prepares compensation analyses provides guidance related to off-cycle officer compensation adjustments, promotions, new hires and severance agreements.
- Participates in executive compensation salary surveys
- Assists with the administration of Board of Director compensation including quarterly and annual retainers, dividend payments and tracking company holdings
- Assists with the review of Forms 3, 4, and 5 as well as partners with Financial Reporting to reconcile and confirm stock-based compensation disclosures in Forms 10-K and 10-Q
- Provides non-officer compensation support for an executive officer, which may include a few departments
We are looking for candidates who are analytical, detail orientated and have a sense of urgency. The ideal candidate will have an open and curious mind and is looking for ways to add value to current processes.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 3 – 5 years of Executive Compensation experience. CCP, CECP, CEBS, and CEP certifications preferred.
- Possesses strong knowledge of executive and equity compensation plan design and administration
- Demonstrates analytical skills, high level of attention to detail, and quality assurance of work products
- Effectively manages multiple priorities
- Commits to excellence in service and client relationship management
- Works independently as well as collaborates with HR colleagues, senior management, and business unit leaders