Monrovia, CA 91016
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the
Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, for-sale and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, the Community Manager/Maintenance Technician is responsible for all operations of the apartment community. This position is a unique hybrid that will be managing and overseeing both the Community and Maintenance aspects of this property. The selected individual will manage the community and operating budget, in accordance with company objectives and with the primary objective of increasing net operating income of the community in addition to ensuring the daily upkeep and maintenance of the apartment community. This position will maintain the physical asset and provide a quality living environment for residents. The selected individual will manage employees by establishing a positive, productive working relationship with the community team members.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- With assistance from the Regional Manager define all community objectives to optimize asset efficiency and achieve performance goals set in accordance with GK Management’s expectations.
- Responsible for rent collection and expense control.
- With assistance from the Regional Manager respond to resident complaints and provide resolutions.
- Consistently inspect community and assess condition, common areas, leasing office and grounds. Inspect for any potential liabilities and immediately report.
- Perform annual unit inspections and repair deficiencies in a timely manner. Ensure the property is maintained physically to meet the standards set by REAC, HUD, GK Management, federal, and state agencies.
- Ensure community is operating within approved budget.
- Ensure turnover of vacant units is completed within 5 days accordance with GK policy.
- Monitor community compliance with all Fair Housing regulations, guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair and consistent administration of all legal and company policies and practices.
- Report all reasonable accommodation requests in accordance with GK policy.
- Serve as community representative for all court proceedings including evictions and small claims cases.
- Turning apartments, plumbing, electrical fixtures, and interior paint
- Repair and replace parts, corrective maintenance and ground maintenance
- Diagnose and solve maintenance problems
- Ensure all work is done in a timely manner and follow up
- Responsible for the physical upkeep of the property and all janitorial duties
- Perform day-to-day janitorial cleaning of the interior and exterior of the apartment community
- Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: weekly status updates to Regional Manager, regular meetings with staff, directing preparation for community visits, Assisting Regional Manager with interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work and under the direction of the Regional Manager performing performance counseling when necessary, addressing complaints/questions, and resolving problems.
- Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions of the community including “evening” lighting audits.
- Make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
- Participate, support and encourage team participation in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Prioritize team tasks appropriately and handle interoffice issues effectively.
- Assist Regional Manager with the preparation of MOR audit to achieve a satisfactory minimum score of or above.
- Assist Regional Manager analyze financial reports, submit vacancy turn around reports and participate in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and Tenant Landlord laws.
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds, and remain sensitive to issues facing veterans, homeless, disabled, elderly, family, and other diverse populations.
- Proven professional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Ability to communicate clearly with residents, corporate, and site team members.
- Possess professional, friendly telephone and greeting skills. Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective communication and customer relation skills, internal and external.
- Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to exercise initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Demonstrate high-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programs, Internet, and e-mail.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- 2 + years’ experience in maintenance or related industry
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Customer service orientation with the ability to work with residents, vendors, management, and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and OSHA
- Previous experience in work order management software highly preferred as well as MS Office products, Excel, Word and Outlook.