Columbia, MD 20588
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Teamas a Pool Attendant.
The Pool Attendant will be responsible for greeting residents, maintaining the environment of the pool and grounds, assisting with pool programs/activities and pool operations.
- Ensure a safe and friendly aquatic environment
- Prepare the physical space for re-opening each morning and midday in compliance with the detailed guidance
- Make sure proper signage for separation social distancing and occupancy is up to date each morning
- Furniture should be reinforce 6ft distancing
- Complete preventative maintenance and chemical testing every 2 hours
- Adhere to jurisdiction specific requirements as necessary.
- Support the cleaning, disinfecting and furniture management of the pool deck
- Provide excellent service to members and guests
- Recognize Emergencies and respond effectively
- Knowledgeable about The Pump Room and all aspects of Daily Operations
- Regular and Flexible Availability
- Assist with daily statistics
- Continued education: re-certification as necessary
- Special Projects as assigned by the Community/Maintenance Manager
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Exposure to a private club environment is preferable.
- Lifeguards must love to interact with all ages and have a passion for swimming.
- Ability to be in the pool for long periods
- Ability to sit for 8 hours
- Ability to clean the bathroom, including floors and toilets
- Ability to perform all physical requirements as outlined by the lifeguard certification course
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
Qualified candidates must have a valid CPR and First Aid Certification where applicable.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.