MultiFamily Area Manager
Oswego, IL 60543
Continental Properties is looking for a multifamily professional to join our team as an Area Manager. The position is responsible for the successful operation of the Springs communities within your portfolio.
You will lead a team of highly motivated Community Managers to think strategically, innovate, and act decisively to achieve results within your area/portfolio. Ensuring that all systems, processes, and workflows are being followed while providing outstanding customer service.
- Conduct regular site visits to communities’, and asses overall operational and financial goals set for your portfolio
- Motivate and engage your team, fostering their continuous growth and development
- Provide clear leadership of company culture and goals
- Monitor compliance in all areas of the business to ensure employee practices are in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws
- prepare and manage budgets to meet the goals and objectives and contribute to Continental’s CNOI
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Skills Critical for Success:
- 4+ years of community management experience required
- Experience leading, developing, motivating, and managing teams
- Demonstrated a track record of success in managing financials, sales, and marketing
- A highly approachable personality equipped with excellent communication skills and an ability to maintain dynamic interpersonal relationships
- Ability to travel and work a non-traditional schedule including evenings and weekends as needed
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental is a great place to work, as evidenced by our seven consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Gold and Platinum Medical Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and generous vacation time
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards team members based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- For team members who are interested, informal offsite gatherings and company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team.