Los Angeles, CA 90004
Westhome is a dynamic, highly respected real estate firm based in Los Angeles and is expanding its property management team. The fast-paced environment is well suited to individuals who are ready to take on new challenges and provide operational excellence to residents and investor partners. The position requires a dedicated, collaborative style focused on creating a holistic living experience resonating with residents and the community. Guided by the objectives and goals of the firm, team members will ensure we have the appropriate objectives in place to effectively provide excellent customer service and operating efficiency.
Maintain the physical aspects of assigned portfolio and ensure properties meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and perform all necessary repairs to apartment communities, including plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electrical and installation of appliances, as needed.
- Timely completion of maintenance requests and follow up with service calls and appropriate documentation.
- Complete the “make ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins.
- Responsible for timely completion of maintenance requests within 48 hours from residents and follow up with service calls, maintaining appropriate maintenance documentation.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage, as needed.
- Maintain the upkeep of common areas and amenities adhering to safety, health, and clean environment compliance.
- Follow up on repairs to verify completion and compliance with OSHA, property insurance companies, government agencies and company safety policies and risk management procedures.
- Maintain accurate property maintenance files and records ensuring documentation is kept complete and up to date, complete required reports and ensure all health and safety procedures and requirements are satisfied.
- Identify and make recommendations for proposals of third-party relationships regarding the quality and cost-effective upkeep of the property.
- Provide emergency or unscheduled repairs and develop a plan for emergency or disaster issues and response.
- Maintain current knowledge of mechanical operations and improvements for best practices.
- Follow all safety standards at all times, without exception.
- Other duties, as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Regularly exceed the J Turner national average for customer service response and be sure to respond to all survey inquiries within 24 hours.
- Professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Attention to detail with strong organization skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and identify priorities.
- Intuitive problem solver who is customer responsive and able to work independently.
- Proactive approach in addressing maintenance needs across several properties.
- A team player attitude with the ability to be a contributor and take direction.
- Multi-tasker who can efficiently handle a changing environment and various situations simultaneously.
- Reliable, dependable and able to work independently.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Maintenance Technician certificate, building maintenance technology a plus or additional training in related field.
- Industry certifications or licenses, preferred.
- Familiar with all OSHA and related agency guidelines to ensure 100% compliance with all regulations.
- Working knowledge of safety procedures and compliance.
- Experience with third party property vendors, purchasing and budget tracking.
- Knowledge of building techniques, mechanical operations, grounds keeping, facility operations, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Flexibility to travel to multiple locations within the local portfolio.
- Must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and evidence of auto insurance.
- Driving required.
- Proven communication and follow-up skills, both with residents and other team members.
- Flexibility to accommodate weekend schedules and be willing to be on-call for after-hours emergencies, as needed.
- Willing and able to move heavy equipment and machinery
- Delivers results and has a strong sense of initiative and identifying best practices.
- Commitment to best practices and policies.
- 3+ years of maintenance experience, preferred.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER