Front Desk Supervisor
Providence, RI 02901
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations team as Front Desk Supervisor.
The Supervisor Front Desk is responsible for supervising the concierge desk, maintaining and implementing concierge services, addressing resident concerns, and providing day-to-day direction to Concierge staff in accordance with the company’s guidelines, procedures, and customer service standards.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages the delivery and quality of various resident-oriented services, such as package tracking/delivery, dry cleaning, parking, loading dock and freight elevator reservations, guest suite/corporate apartment coordination, vendor/maintenance liason and communications to our residents.
- Assists with leasing/renewal/warm call program by coordinating Concierge Desk Team to work with Leasing Team to greet customers, answer phones, set appointments, prepare paperwork, and respond to leasing inquiries of residents and prospective residents.
- Assists Community Manager with interviewing and training new associates for the Concierge Desk
- Organizes and leads quarterly Concierge Team/Safety meetings at the community to effectively communicate changes and build team camaraderie.
- Acts as a liaison between the concierge team and Community/Maintenance Manager, communicates procedural changes to team, schedules coverage and reports back to the Community Manager on execution and compliance.
- Maintains documentation on concierge performance for coaching, counseling, and performance feedback, conducts Quarterly Service Reports (QSRs) with team, advises the Community Manager when counseling and further performance documentation is needed, works with the Community Manager to develop counseling and yearly performance reviews, and participates in the delivery of counseling and yearly reviews.
- Implements all applicable AvalonBay policies and procedures and ensures compliance by the Team.
- Ensures team compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
This position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work with and train staff during weekday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of multifamily experience or related experience/education in a hotel, retail or restaurant environment. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) is required. Associate or Bachelor's degree and previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Creates and delivers group presentations on function-related subject matter and writes reports in a clear, concise form.
- Performs basic arithmetic skills (measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) in order to do basic calculations and analyses such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and calculating totals as outlined under the Business Math Policy (8-01) in the AvalonBay Procedures Manual
- Performs basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Frequently operates general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine, and postage machine.
- Frequently transports objects of up to 30 pounds across variable distances and possesses the necessary mobility and flexibility to store and retrieve packages from shelving.
- Occasionally operates motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Normal office environment
- Normal office environment
- None required
- Satisfactory completion of AVB’s new hire orientation within 30 days of employment or the first training session offered after employment.
- Satisfactory completion of The Brand Overview training within 30 days of employment.
- Satisfactory completion of Anti-Harassment for Supervisors training within 60 days of employment.
- Satisfactory completion of Fair Housing and Accessibility for RS training within 30 days of employment.
- Any other applicable training assigned by the manager.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.