General Ledger Accountant
Maitland, FL 32751
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- An analytical background with a basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- A detail-oriented work ethic.
- An aptitude for numbers.
- A functional understanding of current accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
- Consistently exhibits strong ethics and confidence, as well as a positive attitude toward company, department, and team members.
- Ability to provide professional support for an assigned team and cultivate value, trust, and positive relations among team and individuals.
- Willingness to hold self and others accountable for performance.
- Flexibility to modify or shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve, while exhibiting focus and positivity amidst change or under pressure.
- Capable of cultivating team camaraderie and value through support and participation in team building and events.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to recognize problems early and produce prompt resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks as well as shift focus or multitask when appropriate.
- Capable of working within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while generating timely results.
- Self-motivated to achieve or exceed performance standards and goals set forth by department.
- Integrity, objectivity, and accountability in performing assigned duties.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, while exercising interdependence within an assigned team.
- Diplomacy to develop and preserve positive relations with team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other comparable business-related degree
- Prior accounting experience is not required for this entry-level position, but will be considered
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is described as light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, and reach forward and overhead, finger, and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch, or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Must have close and distance vision as well as the ability to adjust focus.
Normal office work environment with little or no exposure to undesirable elements.