Peninsula Pines Apartments
Lead Maintenance Tech
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Lead Maintenance Tech
We are seeking an experienced lead maintenance person for our bay area communities. This position may travel within three local properties as needed. This person will report to the Community Manager, Regional Manager and Maintenance Operations Manager. As an integral part of the property team, this person is responsible for maintenance, turnovers, and assisting with upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, tour path, parking lots and other areas of the assigned apartment community, with maximization of the property's marketing appeal and the highest level of customer satisfaction in mind.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote customer satisfaction by maintaining the highest standards of maintenance
• Interacts courteously and professionally with current and future residents at all times
• Complete work orders as assigned
• Assist in the preparation of market ready units.
• Perform assigned maintenance tasks in a friendly, cooperative and timely manner.
• Assist in the Cleaning of available apartments and common areas of the community, as directed.
• Immediately report any maintenance and/or safety issues identified while performing regular assigned duties.
• Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
• Represent the community in a professional manner at all times, whether on or off property.
• Comply with all company, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
• Safely operate all maintenance tools, equipment and machinery.
• Communicate clearly with residents, co-workers, and senior management.
• Contribute to and foster a team approach to serving residents and maintaining a successful community.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and assistance during staffing deficiencies.
• May be required to participate in On-Call rotation.
• Some travel may be required.
Must be available Monday thru Saturday as needed during certain periods (Holiday's, heavy turnover, etc.)
• Able to understand and follow all federal fair housing laws.
• Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively.
• Ability to use a computer.
• Exceptional customer service abilities.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Organizational and prioritizing skills needed. Other Requirements:
• Employee must be able to lift and or move, up to 50 pounds.
• Climb and work on ladders; climb stairs, work in confined spaces.
• Work with arms raised over head. • Stand/walk/sit for long periods of time.
• Bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel, etc.
• Ability to tolerate climate change dependent on the season and work location.
• Repetitive motion with body extremities including: hand, knees, wrist, hips, feet etc.
• Ability to work well under high-pressure situations.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
Must pass Pre-employment drug screen and background screening.
A great Medical, Dental, and Vision package. 401-K with company match. Paid time off, including some holidays, and an apartment discount if you choose to live at any of our communities.