Resident Manager III/General Manager
Richmond, CA 94804
This position is for a full-time Resident Manager III at a 378-unit, tax credit/Section 8 family/mixed affordable housing community in Richmond, CA. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of Affordable Housing Property Management Experience at a 300+ unit property. Must have strong supervisory experience and knowledge of HUD, TCAC, DFEH and ADA Guidelines. Candidate must have solid work history. Position requires Resident Manager to live onsite for at least one year. Yardi Voyager knowledge is a plus. Must have a CA Real Estate Sales license or be able to acquire within 9 months of date of hire. Salary is commensurate with experience.
EAH Housing has been Developing, Managing and Promoting Affordable Housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 102 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition RESID02145 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Resident Manager III is directly responsible for operating the site(s) in accordance with EAH administrative guidelines and Policies and Procedures to ensure effective fiscal, physical and social soundness. Takes initiative to seek solutions to problems unique to the site(s). Develops and ensures adherence to operating procedures and Traffic Light Reports, and recommends appropriate policies that support EAH’s strategic direction and plans. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Collects rents, makes bank deposits, prepares and submits an accurate rent roll in a timely manner.
- Uses site computer software to accurately enter all relevant transactions as described in the PMD Polices and Procedures and follows back up and transmission schedules.
- Verifies incomes and complies with HUD, Tax Credit or other regulations regarding income certifications and other documentation/correspondence. Completes annual and interim re-certifications in a timely manner. Conducts annual unit inspections at time of resident re-certification.
- Ensures security of all files and records.
- Maintains a waiting list, markets units and screens applicants for vacancies according to appropriate guidelines.
- Prepares and processes leases, security deposit agreements, inspections and other forms for incoming residents. Conducts inspections for outgoing residents and prepares final closing statements.
- Supervises on-site staff with input from the Property Supervisor on pay changes, counseling and performance evaluations.
- Maintains regular office hours and assumes primary responsibility for tenant-management relations.
- Processes evictions with assistance from Supervisor.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets, common area reconciliations, and calculation of tenant charges.
- Regularly processes all invoices and submits to Accounting for payment.
- For HUD properties, ensures submission of vouchers by the 10th of the month.
- Walks the grounds daily with site inspection report, making sure that everything on the property is clean and in good order.
- Assists Supervisor in developing specifications and obtaining bids from vendors/contractors to ensure quality work at reasonable cost.
- Purchases supplies not to exceed amount on employee contract without prior written approval of Property Supervisor.
- Responsible for determining, tracking and administering capital improvements and replacement programs, preventive maintenance and capital improvement programs under the direction of the Property Supervisor.
- Consistently receives shopping and phone report score of at least 90.
- Oversees and creates market surveys.
- Participates in community outreach programs and events, such as Neighborhood Watch and ongoing networking with local officials (police, fire, annual inspections).
- Plans or oversees planning of activities for residents to encourage retention, staying within budget.
- Responds to emergencies as needed.
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with Traffic Light reports.
- Implements OSHA trainings and IIPP safety program for property. Complies with all safety guidelines and ensures each employee supervised also complies with EAH safety guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Three continuous years or more of property management experience, preferably in affordable housing, or five years of unrelated General Manager experience.Requires experience in managing properties with a minimum of 200 units and/or properties with an unusually demanding clientele, adverse conditions such as crime, property rehabilitation, or a property requiring intense marketing and leasing efforts.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- ARM or equivalent certification
- COS or equivalent certification
- YARDI software experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management or a related field.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985