Asset Management Analyst
Los Angeles, CA 90025
E&S Ring Management is looking for a passionate, seasoned and innovative Asset Management Analyst to join its dynamic team. As the Asset Management Analyst, you will report to the Corporate Director of Maintenance Operations.
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about excellence in your work, love to collaborate with others, communicate effectively, strive to challenge yourself, thrive in a fast-pace and high-pressure environment, and have a great sense of humor.
- Financial modeling expertise of real estate investments, including proforma forecasts, portfolio performance, various investment return calculations such as IRR, ROI, cap rates, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and summarize economic/market research reports and data from multiple markets and sources
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Prioritizes multiple complex projects effectively with minimal guidance
- Works well independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and thrives in a fast-paced working environment, and is comfortable with quickly reprioritizing.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally, paid by the company.
- Underwrite all acquisition deals with cap rate analysis along with IRR/NPV modeling
- Create 5-year financial projections to assess and forecast NOI and cash flow growth (esp for low cap rate deals)
- Review through broker packages/memorandums and provide executive summary of potential deal and feasibility.
- Assist with asset plan preparation for entire portfolio including 5 year asset plans and financial projections.
- Investment analysis for all reinvestment/major renovations with IRR, NPV, value-creation and ROI analysis.
- Prepare in-depth market analysis including studying submarket, visiting comps, walking subject asset, and identify rent improvement opportunities for portfolio.
- Create financial models benchmarking historic/current/future NOI, distribution, and cash flow across portfolio to ensure maximum performance (rank each asset by growth)
- Marketing traffic analysis: Study traffic from marketing sources and analyze the various touch points. Identify trends and insight about marketing channels that contribute to the lead conversion. Make recommendations about advertising spend based on analysis of multi-channel attribution.
- Research and review market surveys to identify competitive advantages and opportunities in comparison to competition, including rent pricing, amenities, and demographics.
- Administer and analyze resident and prospect surveys to collect data on sentiment, preferences, and actionable items to be taken by corporate and properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics
- 2-4 year experience specifically in multi-family/apartments with focus on asset management and/or acquisitions
- Must be an expert in Excel with the strong ability to create complex investment and financial models.