Studio City, CA 91602
Job Type: Exempt
State::CA City:Studio City
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as aGeneral Manager.
The General Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all activities at our luxury apartment community. This position will ensure that the company's financial, business and customer service objectives are achieved through the successful implementation of corporate and regional programs as well as proactive, property-specific initiatives and strategies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- Five years of multifamily or hotel operational experience
- Experience in managing a large group of associates
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of people and various support teams
- A drive to succeed
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities
- Financial acumen; must be well-versed in pro forma project accounting and in tracking performance against pro formas
- A degree from an accredited four year university
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.