Assistant Property Manager
Carmel, IN 46032
Edward Rose & Sons is currently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Assistant Property Manager to join our successful and growing property management team. If you have the experience and skills required for this position, then we want to hear from YOU!
The Assistant Property Manager reports to the Property Manager on-site at an apartment community and assists the Property Manager with daily tasks and duties. This position requires that the employee live on-site, in a company provided-apartment.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for all activities related to apartment rentals, including generating and handling traffic, leasing apartments, qualifying prospective residents, preparing lease documentation, and completing move-in and move-out procedures in accordance with the company's established policies and procedures. The Assistant Property Manager is the liaison between the residents and the Property Manager and Maintenance staff. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Interviewing new hires and processing appropriate paperwork.
- Supervising employees, and assigning and monitoring regular job duties.
- Completing, reviewing, and submitting all weekly/monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Completing and/or checking Move-in and Move-out paperwork.
- Addressing resident questions and concerns.
- Inspecting vacant units and completing termination paperwork and assessing charges.
- Additional duties as required by the Property Manager.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing.
- Requires a positive attitude; must be friendly, sales-oriented, and able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Requires training new employees.
- Must possess capable organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to implement and enforce company policies and operating procedures.
- Ability to research, analyze, and make recommendations to resolve issues that arise with residents, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to complete various reports on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform move-out and final inspections of apartments, which includes climbing stairs.
- Ability to determine necessary repairs and replacements and determine appropriate charges for resident damages.
- Proficient in the use of computer software.
- Yardi software experience is preferred.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- The ideal candidate will have previous property management experience!
This position requires you to enter occupied units; therefore employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.