Montgomery, IL 60538
Edward Rose & Sons is currently seeking a Finish Construction Superintendent. This position is responsible for assisting the Superintendent with the overall day-to-day supervision of field related construction activities. Candidates must have extensive experience with 3-story, wood frame construction, hospitality level finishes, and multi-family facilities. This position requires working at a multi-family project. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the construction industry, and be available to work full-time with occasional Saturdays (as needed). We are looking for someone who has a solid work ethic, ambition to advance, and hands-on experience with various tools and construction tasks. Properly performed, this position will lead to a Construction Management position.
- Assisting the Superintendent with daily on-site supervision of the construction site.
- Assisting in the planning, managing, and coordination of the construction process from initial framing through final acceptance of buildings, on a timely and economic basis, with an emphasis on completing units from drywall on.
- Ensuring that the contractor’s work is performed in accordance with contractual and quality obligations.
- Assisting the Superintendent in managing subordinate staff, overseeing the quality of construction, and ensuring safety on the job site.
- Proactively looks for any issues that could impede progress and takes responsibility for solving them.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Superintendent.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to review and interpret the plans, specifications and contracts as they relate to each individual trade involved in the construction of the project.
- Comprehending the means and methods of construction associated with 3-story, wood frame construction, along with the proper function and fitness of purpose of the final product.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce all OSHA guidelines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have a solid work ethic, ability to work independently, and a desire to be in a leadership position.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Excellent benefits package to include:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K with company match.
- Generous paid time off plan.
- Competitive compensation program.
- Company vehicle and expense reimbursement.
- Company cell phone plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.