Portage, MI 49002
If you enjoy keeping things clean and orderly, and take pride in the work you do then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Edward Rose and Sons is looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Cleaner.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Cleaning the office building, kitchens, conference rooms, fitness center, cubicles, office and common areas of the building to keep the office looking its best; preventing accidents and providing a safe environment to employees.
- Collecting and removing trash as needed.
- Perform light maintenance projects.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to residents and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to meet physical requirement and access all areas necessary to perform job duties, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to read and follow instructions, warnings, procedures, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel policy.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.