IT Engineer Endpoint Management
Chicago, IL 60601
- Knowledgeable. You have a broad-based familiarity with the latest technologies of infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation, and management. When it comes to technical knowledge, you are skilled in SCCM, Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, network file servers, and Cloud infrastructure platforms—to name a few! Through your past work experience, you have also successfully demonstrated your ability to make project decisions, monitor project progress, and report timely and accurate results. And to keep your knowledge fresh, you’re often researching new technologies whenever time permits.
- Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams across the organization. In addition, you’re skilled in communicating in a non-technical manner with everyone from end users to senior management and also in a technical manner to other IT professionals.
- Problem Solver. You are a creative thinker, who focuses on the problem as stated and gathers information to identify root cause and achieve an appropriate solution. Your skillfulness in this area helps you determine how to best recommend and implement hardware and deploy software to ensure end users are effectively resourced. You also enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting and providing support to IT business partners and end users alike, whenever an unexpected infrastructure issues arises.
- Collaborator and Business Liaison. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments, so you are known as trusted business partner and someone your teammates can count on. When it comes to integrating infrastructure technology with business processes and applications, you enjoy being the conduit with your business partners to lead the project, document processes, partner with vendors, troubleshoot issues, and train affected end users.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business, even if that means an occasional after-hours project.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand. You’re willing to learn a range of infrastructure and/or technology specialties, based on organizational or business partner needs. And when a special project arises, you volunteer!
- Recommend, plan, and manage the implementation of hardware and deployment of software packages as they relate to assigned infrastructure components.
- Oversee endpoint management related Microsoft and 3rd party patching initiatives using SCCM and facilitate and maintain Windows 10 servicing update objectives.
- Generate compliance and inventory reports for all endpoint deployments, including (but not limited to): patching, applications, scripts, updates, etc.
- Develop and manage Operating System Deployment task sequences/OS images and interface accordingly with warehousing vendor.
- Act as main point of contact with Cloud Infrastructure MSP for all problem resolution, maintenance coordination, and miscellaneous communication.
- Extensively test software patches, application deployments, servicing updates, and operating system deployment task sequences/images.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for infrastructure strategies and recommend new software or systems to meet company requirements; subsequently, manage the implementation of changes in such systems.
- Manage the maintenance of infrastructure and ensure compatibility and compliance with regulations, contracts, and licensing agreements.
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures for all aspects of installations and operation; provide input to the establishment of technical standards and procedures.
- Provide third level support to IT business partners and other end users, as necessary; perform situation analysis and make recommendations for solving problems.
- Monitor and analyze any endpoint and infrastructure problems that occur, ensuring they are identified and solved as rapidly and efficiently as possible in order to provide a stable performance environment, enterprise-wide.
- Frequently interface with project teams and infrastructure peers to ensure assigned project charters are consistent with group objectives and goals; apply program management approach to all project-related activities.
- Act as liaison between EQR and vendors, as needed.
- Perform other duties and participate in the successful delivery of special IT projects, as assigned, to continually improve/upgrade the endpoint infrastructure; provide accurate and consistent status reports of progress, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience is acceptable.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise level IT environments performing infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation and management using the latest technology.
- 1+ years experience in project management preferred, along with a demonstrated ability to make project decisions, monitor progress, and report timely and accurate results.
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of SCCM, Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, network file servers, applicable software, and troubleshooting techniques. Must be familiar with general Cloud Infrastructure platforms and understand compute, storage, network, and virtualization derivatives. Microsoft MCSA Certification preferred.
- Significant experience in new computing infrastructures is needed.
- Experience in creating and defining new architectural models and explaining complex problems or situations is essential.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs. Experienced in anticipating IT industry direction and making recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects. Should also demonstrate the ability to assist in the planning of infrastructure requirements 2+ years in advance.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers is needed.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills are required; must also possess excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and customer service skills, with demonstrated experience identifying and resolving complex problems.
- Familiarity with conducting and preparing feasibility studies; including estimates for costs, time and resources; prepare statistical reports; complete cost/benefit analysis and conduct business.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment. Ability to modify and create scripts (powershell, VB, batch).
- Strong communication skills; able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner to convey network concepts and issues to end users and senior management on a non-technical level, while dealing with other IT professionals on a technical level. Capable of working with vendors (such as Equity’s Cloud Infrastructure MSP) and handling trouble tickets or maintenance from start to finish.
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality of work product.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan