Oakland, CA 94605
Aperto Property Management is a full-service, fee-based apartment management company for conventional and affordable multi-housing communities. At APM, our mission is to simply be the best apartment management company in the United States and to provide quality management, professional service, and superior operating results to our clients and residents.
APM's full-scale property management platform provides a complete and comprehensive leasing and management service for acquisition rehabs, stabilized assets and new property lease ups. We pride ourselves in providing unmatched service.
Aperto Property Management is a growing Multifamily Property Management Company. We are currently seeking an experienced Community Manager to join our team in Oakland, CA
As the Community Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operations, including the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure a well-managed and maintained Community. Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and federal, state, and local laws; maintains a supportive environment for all residents; manages site staff and their duties, interacts with and supervises vendors.
Some of the Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates and develops staff
- Provides daily leadership for the team
- Identifies appropriate contractors, defines scope of work and obtains necessary bids
- Perform property inspections to maintain curb appeal and to assess any maintenance issues
- Oversees maintenance program including supervision, inspections and monitoring work orders
- Address resident concerns
- Prepare annual budget, monthly variance reports and process invoices
- Processes invoices in Yardi and submit for payment
- Rent collection, prepares deposits using Yardi/Onesite property management software
- Create a positive company culture
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports as required by Regional Manager
- Promptly report property liability claims, employee worker's compensation claims, and property loss claims according to company policy
- Approve payroll for all staff members including commissions and bonuses when/if applicable
- Advocate Risk Management initiatives for employee safety
Key Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Clear understanding of General Ledgers, budgeting
- Clear grasp of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
- Proficient in reading and writing English
- Ability to work effectively with common Microsoft software applications
- Onesite and Yardi experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Ability to empathize with residents and staff while still enforcing community rules and policies
- Excellent problem solving, listening and reasoning skills
We provide a workplace where our associates are empowered to take initiative, and there is a distinct culture of learning and development.
Aperto Property Management offers a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer long term disability, generous paid time off, 401K (with match), and more.
If you are looking for the next exciting and challenging step in your career, Aperto Property Management is the place for you!
Aperto Property Management is an equal opportunity employer.