Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
We are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator, at our beautiful headquarters in Bloomfield Hills, MI. This position includes collecting timekeeping information, incorporating a variety of deductions into a periodic payroll, and issuing pay and pay-related information to employees. The Payroll Administrator will also review time sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis using Ultipro software.
- Verifying direct deposit entry with employee bank documentation.
- Entering payroll deductions such as rent deduction, personal garnishments, child support, and bankruptcies.
- Balancing pre-check payroll to include hours, tax calculations, benefit deductions and net pay.
- Recording vacation and sick days for salaried employees.
- Creating garnishment, new hire, and termination lists.
- Creating Allocations for salary employees as needed.
- Helping to organize company events and new hire orientations when necessary.
- Assisting employees with answers to questions they have regarding their tax withholdings and paychecks.
- Utilizing unemployment response reports.
- Filing and reporting workers compensation claims, working cohesively with carrier and Risk Management Department.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in Payroll is required.
- Payroll certification is preferred.
- Experience in HRMS or payroll software is preferred.
- Previous experience working with Ultipro is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel specifically.
- Knowledge of pivot tables and filters.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background.
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee referral program
- Discounted apartment
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for advancement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.