Carmel, IN 46032
Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Rose Property Group, L.L.C., is currently looking to fill a full-time Accounting Specialist position for the Accounts Receivable Department at our Corporate Office in Carmel, IN.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills. Bookkeepers must maintain a high level of professionalism and maintain composure under pressure. Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and finish tasks in a timely manner are also highly regarded attributes for this position.
The hours of the Accounting Specialist are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch break or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch break, Monday through Friday.
- Updating and verifying the accuracy of the accounting database.
- Interacting with previous residents over the phone and email about questions and concerns.
- Managing resident accounts and charges.
- Termination of past resident accounts.
- Reviewing current and previous resident accounts for accuracy.
- Auditing Statements of Deposit Accounting.
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Yardi Voyager experience or other property management software experience is preferred.
- Basic skills in bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Self-starter is a must!
- Open to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Employees are expected to be honest and trustworthy. A full background check will be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401k plan with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee referral program
- Discounted apartment home
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for advancement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.