Help Desk Support Technician
Irvine, CA 92602
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring, and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer-service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team in Irvine, CA. So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you!
The Help Desk Support Technician will beresponsible for supporting the daily operation of the AVB (AvalonBay) Tech Help Line/Desk. This is a fast-paced position that will require you to provide assistance to internal employees through various forms of communication (in person, over the phone or through written communications). If you are energetic, customer service focused and enjoy solving technical problems, this is the job for you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze and resolve application and/or technical support issues upon first contact with internalemployeesby responding to incoming support requests by way of telephone and electronic communication (e.g. e-mail messages, instant messaging, ticketing system, etc.)
- Ability to resolve problems via remote management tools or provide/dispatch deskside support (occasional travel to locations may be required)
- Develop polished and professional learning content suitable for direct distribution to employeessuch as job aids, quick reference guides, FAQs and multimedia visual aids
- Conduct periodic training sessions such as individual new hire onboardingand on-the-job training
- Obtain/maintain the customer-focused, professional and technical skill sets needed to support the organization's support needs (e.g. application, hardware, network infrastructure, etc.) as well as the implementation of any new initiatives/solutions that the company pursues.
- Participate in IT Emergency Pager Rotation.
This person must have at least a High School Diploma or GED, although a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services is preferred. The ideal candidate would have 6 -12 months of experience in an administrative/customer service/technical support role and intermediate level technical and networking skills are required. Our ideal candidate has a CompTIA A+ certification or HDI Support Center Analyst certification. If you do not have these certifications, you will be required to successfully obtain themwithinyour first 90 days with the company.
How AvalonBay Supports You
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.