Senior Applications Developer
Chicago, IL 60601
We are currently seeking a creative, organized, and analytical Senior Applications Developer to join our IT team in our Chicago office. Under the direction of the Director, Application Development, you will be responsible for designing, creating, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications and interfaces for Equity Residential business needs. Working with key stakeholders both within our corporate office as well as on-site, this role will be accountable for maximizing productivity and information through technology.
Being a part of our IT Development Team means that each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. Expect to be challenged with a variety of assignments, from writing modern, streamlined code to collaborating with your teammates and stakeholders to make a difference in the lives of our residents and employees.
- Organized, Flexible, and Adaptable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. You keep your cool during stressful situations, remain resilient, and quickly find solutions in order to meet the changing needs and priorities of the business.
- A Collaborator and Trusted Team Player. You enjoy partnering with others —whether internal or external— and build constructive working relationships that foster cooperation in order to get work done and deliver great results. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Creative. You like thinking outside the box to come up with smart solutions to new challenges, and you embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others. Through your past experience, you’ve also built skills that help you effectively persuade and gain the support of others.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Energetic and Positive. You are an outgoing, gregarious brand ambassador who motivates and excites others to elevate their performance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work collaboratively across EQR departments and functions to establish and update a strategic plan that maximizes value and enhances returns for every asset within the portfolio.
- Participate in standups, code and design reviews.
- Work closely with a team of web developers, business systems analysts and occasionally stakeholders to determine the best tech solution.
- Share technical knowledge with peers to continue to grow as one team.
- Build and maintain application projects using Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code with Github.
- Contribute to the team's Architectural Diagrams and internal Wikis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related experience with 5 years of IT development experience required.
- Strong understanding of software usability practices.
- Experience using Windows Operating Systems, MS SQL and Reporting Services, Microsoft Development Tools, .Net Framework, Java Script, HTML5, CSS, MVC, XML are required.
- Experience with MRI Software Application Suite, iOS and BizTalk is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to effectively and objectively communicate and work with internal and external customers, as well as strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Must be comfortable working autonomously and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment with changing deadlines.
- Familiarity and previous experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Applications (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets) preferred.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (apartment discount, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like family-friendly programs (New Parent Leave, adoption benefits, and more) and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan