Analytics Manager, Property Operations
San Francisco, CA 94102
As a member of the regional operations team consisting of the Senior Vice President, Vice President Property Management (VPPM), Regional Managers, and Facilities Managers/Directors, the Analytics Manager, Property Operations advises the regional leadership team on the portfolio’s performance and assists in uncovering strategic opportunities. As an Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for all operational analysis and forecasting, preparing financial review documentation for S-Ox requirements, and creating and reviewing property operating budgets, as well as leading special projects for the apartment communities within your VPPM’s portfolio. You will also collaborate with the regional team to provide guidance on how to leverage the financial reporting tools and serve as an operational partner to your VPPM. You will work closely with the Operations team to ensure compliance with the national reporting structure, while also using your local market expertise to address any specific market reporting needs.
- Analytical and Creative. You like thinking outside the box to come up with smart solutions to new challenges, and you embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others. You get to the point quickly and succinctly; can make complicated concepts and data clear to others.
- An Exceptional Listener. Even under stressful situations you display a keen sense of what to say and when to say it.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Motivated and Curious. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and to learn new skills on your own.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Energetic and Positive. You are an outgoing, gregarious brand ambassador who motivates and excites others to elevate their performance.
- Trustworthy and Discerning. You consistently gather all necessary data and arrive at high quality decisions and recommendations with an eye on impact.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management. You can present information clearly and concisely while building trust and rapport with executives. You understand executive language and thinking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collect and analyze operational data and market metrics for the assigned portfolio to help recognize market trends and business issues in order to make informed organizational decisions. Generate reporting around market performance issues such as occupancy, revenue and expenses, overtime, headcount changes, etc. Consolidate data to provide meaningful information to leadership on the status of the operations.
- Participate in monthly operational review meetings by taking a leadership role to evaluate performance metrics, identify trends, implement new guidelines, and identify and support corrective actions. Document monthly operational review meeting to meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize Equity’s financial reporting systems (MRI, OPs, Essbase, BI, etc.) to troubleshoot and resolve questions from business partners and field leadership regarding financials, metrics, and emerging trends.
- Complete all annual property operating budgets and forecasting associated with assigned portfolio using actual performance results, previous budget figures, estimated revenue and expenses and other available information and leadership guidance.
- Perform field compliance research as determined by the VPPM and VP, Property Operations. Assist the property management team in evaluating on-site administrative personnel in policy and procedures compliance.
- Act as a liaison between the VPPMs and business partners by identifying resources, gathering information, and troubleshooting financial inquiries.
- Assist the regional property management team on new acquisitions and developments, preparing and reviewing operations budget and completing the initial cold loads. Ensure a smooth transition for newly acquired communities during the acquisition and development process.
- Identify trends and shifts in behavior and present findings to the Regional Leadership team. Offer solutions to resolve business issues and assists in implementing new policies and procedures. Partner closely with the VPPM to research opportunities for properties to improve performance.
- Build ad hoc reports utilizing Equity Residential systems (MRI, OPs, EIS, Essbase, BI, etc). Extract, organize, and analyze large amounts of data and summarize findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Train leaders on how to use the financial reporting system and tools.
- Perform additional analysis, special projects and other duties as assigned by the VP Property Operations and/or VPPM.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent property management experience (minimum of 1-2 years) is required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to leverage technology to gather information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must be able to supervise, organize, prioritize workload and work on numerous projects/tasks at one time.
- Proficient with on-line automated accounting systems, Excel, Essbase and Google.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate an intellectual curiosity, comfort working in ambiguity, and an ability to act as a strategic business partner; constantly seeking ways to impact performance and impact change in behavior with the support of the operations team.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan