Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a Techincal Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team in Arlington, VA.
The Technical Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, screening, and presenting qualified candidates for Information Technology job openings at our Headquarters office in Arlington, VA and at our regional offices across the US. With a broad and fast-growing IT department, the IT Recruiter will source for positions in all areas of IT including software development, system administration, networking, QA and IT Security, among others. This position will also be responsible for creating and organizing external recruiting sources and events to generate a pipeline of candidates for current and future job opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct targeted searches across all IT functions using tools such as LinkedIn, Google, direct sourcing, Indeed, etc.
- Identify creative channels and sources for reaching passive candidates for current and future hiring needs.
- Screen candidates to ensure they are technically qualified and a good cultural fit.
- Present qualified candidates to hiring managers and manage the full-cycle hiring process.
- Develop relationships with universities and local organizations to successfully recruit top candidates.
- Partner with management to identify strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement within their organization from a staffing perspective.
- Possesses a keen eye for talent. Able to appropriately assess candidates and match their skills/abilities to the position requirements.
- Ability to effectively screen and interview all levels of candidates from entry-level to experienced managers.
- Expert knowledge of candidate sourcing vehicles and direct sourcing techniques. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to focus on detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks at the same time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems and Outlook/ Lotus Notes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 3-5 years of full life cycle IT recruiting experience in a staffing agency or customer service related industry preferred.
- BA or BS degree is required.
- Project/Account Management skills a plus.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.