Software Support Specialist
San Rafael, CA 94901
This position is for a full time Software Support Specialist, to work in our corporate office in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a High school diploma and some formal training/certification in computer-related field such as software development, programming, database design and management, or related field, required. At least 1 year experience in property management or property management software company. At least 1 year experience with day-to-day operations and compliance requirements of an affordable housing property site. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisitionSOFTW02085 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Hands on software specialist responsible for leading end-to-end data solutions delivery for business problems related to property management software. Serves as a help desk for software issues for each of the EAH properties. Utilizes knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations relevant to affordable multi-family housing development, Housing Tax Credits and HUD programs to evaluate projects and provide assistance. Utilizes knowledge of Yardi and other property management systems to ensure Real Estate Management staff are utilizing the system correctly and that their training needs and accounting requirements are met. Keeps abreast of changes to housing regulations and software updates. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Diagnoses, analyzes and troubleshoots Yardi software issues including Checkscan, Payscan, ACH, G/L accounts.
- Configures and manages system user security, including creating and maintaining user roles, permissions, system settings, and approval workflows.
- Troubleshoots and corrects Resident Ledgers and Deposit Adjustment Notices (DANs) from banking institutions.
- Adds reports packages to system report scheduler. Compiles reports as requested from REM, Communications and other EAH departments.
- Troubleshoots system and data problems and works with software vendors on solutions when issues cannot be resolved in-house.
- Responsible for opening new bank accounts with banking institutions, in addition to requesting appropriate services and system banking setup.
- Oversees online banking and system accounting configuration for new properties, transfers and property conversions including, ACH setup for HAP and laundry contracts.
- Assists in implementation of new modules and products for banking and accounting systems.
- Ensures data integrity and availability for business software systems, such as Yardi, Onsite, and the like.
- Collaborates with internal technology partners, vendors and business regarding all aspects of end-to-end systems solution delivery, including design, requirement definition, analysis, communication, testing, pilot/implementation and on-going support with business partners.
- Trains and supports new hires and all other company employees needing assistance with software and banking systems, which includes assisting with developing training documentation and materials.
- Assists VP, Business Systems with ongoing software projects and upgrades.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma and some formal training/certification in computer-related field such as software development, programming, database design and management, or related field, required. At least 1 year experience in property management or property management software company.At least 1 year experience with day-to-day operations and compliance requirements of an affordable housing property site.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Backend knowledge of Yardi Voyager or relational database: System architecture, security design. COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) and/or TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) certifications preferred. Accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred. Experience with housing regulatory agency. Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985