Director of Affordable Housing Complianc
San Marcos, CA 92069
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages and oversees a team of Compliance Analysts located in one or more locations.
· Acts as first level escalation point for any issues that may arise.
· Travel to various sites as is necessary.
· Completes second pass review of all compliance files or assigns a Compliance Analyst to perform second pass.
· Conducts regularly scheduled spot audits to ensure that compliance files are complete and “audit-ready.”
· Provide copies of compliance files in the event of an audit.
· Works in a consultative manner to make necessary updates and/or changes to the Compliance regulations.
· Oversees daily, weekly, and monthly compliance related reports.
· Generates and distributes compliance reports; ensures all information is up-to-date.
· Responds to inquiries and requests promptly; stays current with e-mail and voicemail; ensures proper coverage for absences.
· Contributes to compliance training programs; assists in training new employees on compliance program.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Directly supervises employees within the Compliance department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· One or two years of management or supervisory experience
· Two to three years related experience or equivalent.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Acute attention to detail
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups
- Proficient in Local, State & Federal Housing programs and company procedures.
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative solutions
· Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
· Professional appearance and demeanor
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be competent in basic computer skills, typing, spelling, telephone techniques and basic mathematics.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Be able to comply with both the written and verbal instructions given in English.
- Must have the specific ability to follow and give technical instructions.
The Employee will be expected to:
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to read, understand and comply with written policies.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of residents, owner representatives and employees.
- Speak effectively and persuasively in a variety of situations.
- Perform basic and complex mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Exercise a high degree of sound independent judgment and work within established guidelines with little or no direct supervision.
- Solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where little or no standardization exists.
- Work proactively, utilizing innovative techniques and ingenuity in completing daily tasks, as well as, in responding to crisis situations.
- Have computer competency and programs used by the company.
- Become proficient in all Local, State & Federal Housing programs and company procedures.
- Be competent to take over an apartment community as a Site Manager, if necessary.
- Pass all required company and agency educational requirements and examinations.
The Employee’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- To complete & disseminate monthly Tax Credit Compliance reports to Properties and owners when requested.
- Perform file, waiting list, and general office procedure inspections according to Regulatory agreement from each property.
- Complete file reviews according to portfolio schedule.
- Approve move-in files and recertifications for tenants in accordance with the affordable housing programs of the property.
- Review and approve tenant occupancy, unit transfers.
- Monitor tenant file documents to ensure compliance with program regulations.
- Work with Property Managers in compliance issues with owners, syndicators, banks, etc.
- Assist Supervisor with Manager’s Handbook changes.
- Prepare Agency response letters as required by the specific agency conducting the inspection.
- Monitor Income & Rent limits as well as utility allowance schedule for each property specific to the programs.
In some instances the employee will:
- Be required to be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Be asked to assist in the management of properties or the training of new managers.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned, from time to time, by Supervisor.