Hayward, CA 94541
Community Manager needed to oversee the management of a 200 unit Apartment Community in the East Bay.
The Community Manager is the leader of the on-site property management team at the property. The ideal candidate must be professional, engaging, and energetic. Candidates need previous multifamily property management experience in a Community Manager role. We are looking for a hardworking individual who is a innovative and puts pride into what they do.
The Community Manager is responsible for carrying out the operating goals and objectives of the Apartment Community. Solid organization, accounting, and analytical skills are important for the Community Manager as they are responsible for monitoring and examining performance metrics such as occupancy, rental rates, resident retention, work order completion, and operating budgets. In addition, effective communication is a key skill for the Community Manager as they are responsible for supervising and working to develop the other team members and vendors working at their property. Lastly, Community Managers must be thorough and detail oriented as the position is often fast paced and multi-faceted.
- Supervisory background with consistent management of Leasing, Maintenance, and Grounds staff.
- Minimum 5 years of current multifamily property management experience with the last two years at a property of 150 plus units.
- Solid experience with Yardi (or similar industry software) accounting functions, tenant management, purchasing and reporting
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Experience desired in budget and monthly reports preparation.
- Understanding of maintenance operations on an apartment community.
- Understanding of landlord tenant law to include Fair Housing Laws.
- Effective administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in order to interact effectively with prospects, residents, staff, peers and management.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, maintain current auto insurance, have reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- High School Diploma Required. College degree preferred. California Certified Residential Manager (CCRM) designation a plus!
Marketing - Business Development - Public Relations "“ Communications - Accounting "“ Financial Analysis - Budget Preparation and Analysis - Brand Management "“ Marketing, Sales and Customer Service - Phone Support, Face-to-Face Support - Administrative Support
Compensation: Salary and bonus depending on experience