West Palm Beach, FL 33411
We are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage our residential buildings in the West Palm Beach area. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in property management and 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity. A positive attitude and energetic personality are expected. The manager will be expected to increase the net operating income of the company through effective leasing activities, as well as minimizing expenses via proper management. The manager will be instrumental in maximizing market rents and maintaining high occupancy levels through effective marketing and leasing policies and procedures.
PROPERTY MANAGER: Our vision of the successful candidate is someone who is an adaptable, open-minded, team player who is ready, willing and able to lead their property to "best performer" status.
The following items are standard duties and required on an ongoing basis from all Property Managers:
- Maintain 95% occupancy or to what is budgeted.
- Achieve a strong, recurring cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with company policies regarding accurate guest card completion, guest card follow up, guest card entry into property management software, quarterly shop performance and online ads.
- Strive for the highest closing ratio while surpassing company minimum requirements.
- Monitor expenses and continuously looking for means to lower operating costs.
- Accurately and completely enter purchase orders
- Communicate with the Accounts Payable Clerk weekly to be sure that bills are paid on-time.
- Maintain constant and detailed knowledge of market conditions and competition in the surrounding communities to better maximize rents.
- Comply with all company policies regarding keeping of files and follow Fair Housing Laws.
- Acquire proposals for capital projects and submit an analysis to your supervisor for approval.
- Complete an annual business plan and aid in the preparation of a budget.
- Prepare and participate in monthly financials reviews by creating a monthly variance report and narrative to submit to ownership.
- Accurately complete the weekly and monthly reports.
- Encourage and lead team members to run the business to the best of their abilities and within the guidelines of the corporate goals.
- Manage the staff at your property.
- Walk the exterior of the property and interior of units.
- Ensure compliance with company rent-ready completion and quality standards.
- Manage lease expirations and deploy a LEM plan.
- Proactively manage delinquency with timely delivery of notices and eviction filings
- Accurately and timely enter all data into the property management software.
- Abide by and enforce the company's rental criteria and community rules.
- Full and complete compliance with the Standards of Ethics and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the company handbook, including company banking policy and rent collections.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The following items are required job skills expected of all Property Manager applicants:
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Responsible to oversee all marketing and leasing of the community.
- Coordinate property maintenance schedule.
- Understand how to maintain real estate and the ability to effectively converse about maintenance resolutions.
- Maintain constant and detailed knowledge of market conditions and
competition in the surrounding communities to better maximize rents.
- A keen eye for details.
- A mentor for subordinates.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to follow-up and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Reliable, meet deadlines, and team player.
- A team leader.
- The desire to succeed.
- A basic understand of financial statements.
Applicants will not be considered for an interview unless they have each of the below:
- Prefer Applicant have prior knowledge with Yardi property management software.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Applicants must be able to work weekends if required.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work overtime for emergency calls.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and drivers insurance.
- Applicants must be organized.
- Applicants must be able to lease.
- Applicants must have professional written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of On-Site and Property Solutions software is a plus.
* Please respond with your current resume, cover letter, salary history, references and any other relevant information. All applicants will be required to pass a basic Yardi exam.
* Sorry we do not offer relocation assistance for out-of-town applicants.
* We prefer references from prior supervisors.
* All applicants will be required to complete pre-employment drug, alcohol and background screening.