Waldorf, MD 20601
• Collects deposits and ensures that the correct entries are posted in the accounting system.
• Collects all rents when due, issues receipts as necessary and posts all necessary entries in the accounting system. Makes bank deposits daily following posting procedures as directed by the business manager.
• Conducts themselves and property business according to State and federal laws and regulations.
• Posts all property invoices following business manager approval.
• Maintains the accounting/financial files. Prepares and maintains receipt journals, monthly rent roll, delinquency report, etc.
• Completes the required weekly and monthly property reports. May be responsible and liable for the petty cash fund.
• Prepares and sends notices of returned checks, late rent reminders and other correspondence as assigned.
• Assists with legal proceedings as necessary.
• Resolves resident complaints and answers resident questions. May monitor problems that are being handled by other employees.
• Conducts property business according to company policy.
• Performs other duties as necessary to meet the needs of residents and the property.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• Must possess a basic working knowledge of multifamily property management including but not limited to: Fair Housing laws and regulations, resident relations, leasing, rent collections, eviction procedures, accounting principles and the use of accounting software and property safety.
• Must have assertive collection skills and superior customer service skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels and management and personnel.
• Must be detail oriented and able to focus with occasional interruption.
• Must be able to speak, write, and communicate effectively in English
• Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment and ability to work under minimal supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 to 2 years of accounting experience utilizing Yardi software
• 1 to 2 years of multifamily property management experience
Must be able to speak, write, and communicate effectively in English
Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed dress code policy
Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment and ability to work under minimal supervision
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
The work is described at light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to concentrate on intricate detail with some interruption. Must be able to understand and relate the concepts behind specific ideas.
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The work is conducted in a typical office environment with temperature control and natural and artificial light. Outdoor activities require exposure to seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations.