Sr Director, Financial Reporting
San Mateo, CA 94401
- Oversee all aspects of financial reporting, including the earnings press release, quarterly supplemental analyst package and SEC filings (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, 8-K, Form 4 etc.).
- Review of consolidated financial statements, footnotes and related supporting schedules in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Manage the Company’s technical accounting function, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with management, external auditors and other internal resources to enable timely preparation and review of all SEC Filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy, 8-K, etc.
- Work closely with CFO, CAO, SVP Finance, General Counsel, bankers, external legal counsel, auditors and others within the organization to review and prepare registration filings for equity and debt issuances as needed.
- Manage and review stock-based compensation reporting and compliance, along with budgeting and variance analysis for management.
- Manage the Company’s Construction Draw functions.
- Assist internal and external auditors with the establishment of and compliance with internal controls to ensure successful SOX testing.
- Develop, document and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to CAO, CFO, and Executive Management, as needed.
- Participate in the coordination of various department projects as applicable to continue to build efficiencies.
Skills and Abilities
- CPA required.
- Real estate accounting a plus and SEC experience required.
-B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Prior Big 4 audit experience preferred (6-10 years).
- Industry experience preferred (6+ years).
- Dedicated team player who is flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Perceptive, self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Able to juggle several projects at once and know how to prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Organized and have good attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (Excel and other MS Office applications).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Yardi experience a plus.
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families: For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans. For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.