Finance Manager - Underwriting
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
We are one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for the right candidate to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team in Arlington, VA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or other quantitative field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional analytical experience creating and working with financial models, preferably related to commercial real estate.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including technical experience with Microsoft VBA.
- Professional experience with financial and cost accounting concepts relevant to real estate, such as lease accounting and cost allocation.
- Excellent detail orientation and abilityto work with high level of accuracy and visibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and to interact with senior associates throughout the company.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to answer questions and convey critical information succinctly to senior management.
- Potential to develop and coach other talented professionals.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.