Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Computer Specialist is an entry level position responsible for maintaining PC's in our new Headquarters Office in Arlington, VA, using LANDesk, a remote PC Management utility. The individual will track software versions and maintain images of remote PC's.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to IS team efforts to continuously improve service offerings that align with the company’s strategic goals and initiatives while providing excellent customer service and promoting AvalonBay’s core values.
- Leverage remote management tools to resolve issues.
- Provide desk side support; only after exhausting all other troubleshooting options. Occasional travel to remote locations may be required.
- Complete data entry as required.
This entry level position requires at least 1 year of PC maintenance experience and a high school diploma or GED. A+ Certification and LANDesk experience are a plus. Experience with Windows 7 is required, experience with Windows 10 is a plus.
Experience: 6 -12 months of experience in a technical support role is preferred.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications such as word processing and spreadsheets (intermediate skill level required).
- Ability to provide support to customers across all Windows based platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic networking issues.
- Ability to setup equipment which may require crawling, kneeling or lifting up to 25lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced work environment as demonstrated by previous work experience.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.