DevOps / SRE Lead
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation.
- Support the building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones through the use of automation tooling.
- Handle project management and reporting for various enterprise level, time-sensitive initiatives.
- Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code(IAC) and support operation as well as maintenance teams.
- Analyze infrastructure automation requirements and code development.
- Script to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis (using ARM, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Work with API development, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud technology capabilities.
- Design and develop reusable components, code, and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, as well as update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines; ensuring rapid availability of products.
- Deploy and decommission client environments for multi as well as single-tenant hosted applications following established processes and procedures.
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors, apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g. diagnostic software), as well as provide interpretation of data.
- Lead incident management calls and coordinate resources through resolution.
- Partner with business leaders and users to identify opportunities for new digital capabilities and products that transform our resident’s experience as well as the experience of our associates.
- Mentor and collaborate with cross functional teams through the full lifecycle of product development (research, prototype, test, and build).
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment to build breakthrough experiences and products.
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Understanding of Scrum and/or Scaled Agile Framework process and best practices.
- Strong structured communication & storytelling skills with all audiences.
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Strong mentorship skills.
- Design thinking proficiency.
- Familiarity with open APIs and/or AWS/Azure Cloud technologies.
- 5 or more years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer or commercial experiences and core product platforms that power those experiences.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.