Sr Maintenance Supervisor
San Jose, CA 95002
Position is reserved for assets with 500+ units or multi-site management with combined units totaling 500+. The person in this position is responsible for all maintenance aspects of the community’s operations and objectives, and is not required to be “on-call” for after-hours emergencies. Accountable for: operating the property budget with the primary objective of increasing the Net Operating Income (NOI), maintaining the physical asset, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. This position reports to the Community Manager or Sr Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance operations of the community, including but not limited to: work orders, unit turns, curb appeal, vendor and inventory management, and preventative maintenance
- Maintains cost per turn within budget & ensures make ready days are 7 days or less or as defined by Regional Manager (for renovation purposes.)
- Manages expenses closely and within budget, communicates any overages in advance, actively pursues expense savings
- Manages and/or facilitates capital and renovation projects, collaborating with corporate departments
- Effectively manages personnel throughout their employment lifecycle, i.e., selection through separation. This includes candidate selection, career planning and development, accountability and performance management, and recognition.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred - Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- Two to five years property management experience preferred or related management experience
- Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Competent understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:
• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.
For part-time and full-time associates:
• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.
• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.