San Rafael, CA 94901
This position is for a full-time (37.5 hrs) Accounting Clerk to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified Candidates will have 1+ years of accounting experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office and accounting software. Must have typing experience. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition ACCOU02071 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, performs routine accounting support duties in the areas of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Processes invoices for payment, prints and mails accounts payable disbursement checks for properties assigned.
- Maintains accounts payable files and records, including filing as needed for properties assigned.
- Responds to vendors, auditors, and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses check requests.
- Prints, distributes Accounts Payable reports (monthly and as needed basis) and closes system accounts receivable and payable modules on a month-end basis for properties assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounts payable issues and discrepancies for assigned properties.
- Tracks all replacement reserve expenses for property manager release requests.
- Monitors cash deposit/incoming wire receipts and update cash balances on a daily basis.
- Prepares, verifies, produces and mail year-end 1099 forms for properties assigned.
- Assists with related special projects as needed.
- Actively participates in EAH’s safety program.
- Actively participates in required training.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
High school diploma or equivalent. 1 year of accounting experience. Knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office applications. Typing/Keyboarding experience
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985